March 8, 2012

Snack Attack!

James had a good day at daycare yesterday. As usual he did not drink his milk, but he did eat and drink lots of water. James loves Cheerios and Gerber Graduate Puffs so I asked the teachers to give him some after each meal. So I just happened to watch the webcam as James was having his snack after lunch. He was sitting into his little chair with his tray and eating by himself. Once the screen refreshed I noticed that James was a popular boy and that 3 older kids were around him. It was a Snack Attack! They must have been eating his food. :( I looked to see where the teachers were and one was changing a diaper, one was bottle feeding a kid, and the other had her back to them as she was at the sink. Even though the screen was a little blurry I could see that James started crying because he probably wasn't getting enough. Then the teacher came over and gave him more, but same result. I know they are kids and this'll happen, I just feel bad for James. He doesn't have to fight for food at home so he doesn't know what to do. I guess he'll figure it out soon. In any case he was having that in addition to his lunch so I know he wasn't hungry. This is an issue that I don't think can really be resolved. Kids loves snacks and how can we stop them. I don't mind them eating some too, I just want to make sure James gets as much as he wants. 

In any case my day went by quickly. I went to the gym again! Wohoo! I lost the baby weight pretty quickly, but I still have about 10lbs that I'd like to loose. After that I had my lunch and made some dinner before getting James. The weather was so nice yesterday, it was sunny and about 13 degrees so I had a nice stroll over to the center. When I arrived James was asleep for over an hour. They could have gotten him for me, but knowing James he needed his sleep so I left him. In the meantime I collected his stuff, took the stroller down, and discussed his day with the teachers. I didn't mention the snack attack as I didn't know how to find a solution or want to risk sounding crazy to his teachers. Lol! 

I didn't want to disturb James, but I wanted to sneak a peak! I went into the room and looked into his crib and there was no baby! My heart dropped, I checked the cribs around him and I saw a baby. Since it was dark I couldn't see his face so I checked the other 9 cribs and he was the only one there. I touched his head and knew it was him from the curly hair. Phew! That was a relief. Then I went back out and asked the teachers if they changed the crib positions. They said no and I said James is in another kid's crib and covered with his blanket. It happened that this mistake was made by James' favorite teacher. She was suffering from a migraine and put James in the wrong crib. I let it go because there was no real harm done and James was fine. Besides you don't want to be too critical with the people watching your child for over 8 hours a day! So just like marriage, you pick your battles and this was not a issue at all. :)

James woke up at 5:00 so he napped for 1.5 hours! He never used to nap that long with me in the afternoon. I'll have to ask them what they did so I can try it at home on the weekends. Lol! When I picked him up he was still sleepy so I nursed him. It was so nice to hold him as I missed him all day! Then I dressed him and we walked home. James was so happy to be home, he looked around and couldn't get out of his snowsuit fast enough as he wanted to walk around. Then da-da came home and he was really excited, too bad Adit worked late today so he only had about an hour with him before he went to bed. 

Before we went to bed Adit was looking at James's pictures on Facebook. He was doing the "look at this one" that I always do. I could see him smiling from ear to ear. It was sweet to watch him flip between pictures and I could see that he felt the same way that I do ... James is growing up too quickly! Do you feel the same way about your child, how do we keep them from growing up! Lol! Let us know if you have found a way! Haha!

Happy reading!

Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are patient! I've been picking my battles, trying not to pry, not ask too many questions or give too many instructions to my daycare... But it's tough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was some sort of daycare etiquette. Lol! Sometimes I feel like I should write a letter with the things that they are doing well and not so well and give it to the teachers. But I think it's too soon to do as they are still trying to get used to James' schedule. I'll see how it goes after a month! How's Pen doing? Are you stalking her too! I can see James holding the wall and walking around! Lol!

    ReplyDelete