March 3, 2012

Push Gifts ... Yea or Nay???

Calling all pregnant ladies, new moms, and dads! How do we feel about push gifts? For those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, a push gift is something a dad gives a new mom for delivering their child. This can be done either before or after the child is born.

I personally like the idea of a push gift because it helps dad to realize all the hard work and sacrifice involved in creating a baby. For example there is the stress that you are having a baby, morning sickness, your growing body, sleepless nights, no drinking alcohol, no caffeine, being unable to eat certain foods (sushi, soft cheeses, some fish) and of course the the labor part. There is no etiquette on what the gift should be therefore it's up to dad to figure out what mom would want or he could simply just ask. :)

Some people say that the baby is gift enough and I do agree that the baby is an amazing gift, but I feel that the push gift is separate. Like I said since there is no etiquette so there are endless possibilities that can fit every budget. To be honest, mom doesn't really care about what the gift is but she does care that dad has recognized all that she has done for the family which makes the gift important.

So here's the big question, are you in favor of or against push gifts? Let us know by leaving a comment on the blog!

Happy reading!

Rachel

8 comments:

  1. In favour! It also shows the mom how happy and grateful he is that she did all of the hard work for 9 months to give their family a beautiful gift. It doesn't have to be super expensive, something special just for her, especially since now all attention is on baby! It will always be much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your opinion Monica and you are right that all the attention is on baby. :)

      Delete
  2. "To be honest, mom doesn't really care about what the gift is but she does care that dad has recognized all that she has done for the family which makes the gift important." I wish i had known this earlier...i got taken to the cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you call that taken to the cleaners! I'll have to choose something twice as nice next time around! Lol! :P

      Delete
  3. I think the gift is a nice idea just because it shows that you are acknowledging the mom - I don't think I would be too upset if I didn't get something though...lol. I'm due in 6 weeks so we'll see if I get anything...if not, making me breakfast will be just fine..lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 6 weeks! I didn't know you were expecting! Congrats and do you know if the baby's a boy or girl?

      Delete
    2. I guess I haven't seen you guys in ages! Yes just 6 more weeks, i'm very excited! It's going to be a surprise...no idea if its a boy or girl! but we will find out soon enough!

      Delete
    3. Adit is very excited for you and Herpreet too! I love surprises, but wasn't able to keep James' gender a surprise. :) It's awesome that you are waiting, it'll make the moment so much more special! Can't wait to see the baby and I wish you all the best with the delivery. :)

      Delete