March 12, 2012

One More Day!

James is turning 1 tomorrow! I can't believe that I've had a year with my wonderful baby. It seemed like he was just born yesterday. I can clearly remember bringing him home from the hospital, watching his first smile and laugh, watching him play, getting his first tooth, when he started eating solids, hearing his first words, learning to crawl, and now walking (almost by himself). These moments have been amazing and I look forward for the new memories we will make. What's bittersweet is that I am starting work in 2 weeks today. :( Life will be so much different once I start working. Right now I am able to clean, make dinner early, write my blog, run errands. Once work starts we'll be juggling all of these things and more. I visited the office on Friday and was able to see my old co-workers and boss. I didn't have a bad feeling about being there, it seemed natural so I guess I am ready to be back. Whether or not I remember how to do my job is another issue! Lol! I've been head over heels over James and haven't really thought about much else, so I'll need a refresher once I get back! :)

I am also in the middle of planning James' first birthday! Who knew it would be so much work. I am doing a theme and pretty much designed my own cake for him. I just hope it comes out the way I want it to. I am so excited to have all my family and friends be there to celebrate with us on Saturday. It's going to be awesome. I'll be so relieved once it's over and can look forward to being a guest at the other kids' parties.

So yesterday was an amazing day! The weather was perfect so we took James to the park with our friends Ishanthi, Eraj, and their cutie-pie daughter Arianna! James wasn't a fan of the swing, but Arianna enjoyed it. James didn't take his second nap so he was a little cranky and didn't want to go on the slide either. I think he did enjoy going down the slide with daddy though. We took some videos, but when I look at the camera we didn't take any pictures. Well Eraj did, so I'll we'll have to see those on Facebook when he uploads them later. James did enjoy walking and he took about 5-6 steps by himself! It was amazing! I think he can walk, he just needs the confidence to not be afraid of falling. Arianna is a pro walker so James spent most of his time following her around.

After the park we were all pretty hungry so we headed to East for a nice meal. They have an all-you-can-eat menu so we had that. The food was really good, but of course when watching and feeding babies you never really get to sit down and enjoy a meal fully. They have the cutest highchairs at East and the kids had fun sitting across from each other banging on the table and making a mess with food! Adit and I were saying that life used to be so easy before James when you could just get up and do anything you wanted. We were thinking back on days when we used to lazy around and now we don't have that easy lifestyle anymore. Kids are high maintenance and take up all your time and energy, but it's worth it. I wouldn't change my life in a heartbeat, well except maybe the going back to work part! Lol!

Did you enjoy the beautiful weather on Sunday? Please share how you spent your day with us on the blog.

Happy reading!

Rachel





2 comments:

  1. Awww James! We are so proud of you and all your achievements! Very excited for your big day tomorrow, you're such a big boy now. :) Rach, I loved the videos... so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...love the videos! James..i can't believe it! 1 already! we met when you were about 3-4months! its amazing how far back our kids friendships are going to go...lol!
    yesterday was amazing...great company and great weather :) we should totally make that a regular thing when the weather gets better...along with the other gadzillion things we have planned!

    ReplyDelete