March 7, 2012

Reminiscing Already!!

We had a nice day yesterday, James was up early and I drove him to daycare. Once there I gave the teachers his schedule. They said that they will try their best to follow it because it is the opposite of their schedule. For example at 2:30 James is ready for a second nap, but it's snack time for the other children. In any case I dropped off my food, etc and headed home. I did some planning for James' birthday and went to visit a bakery about James' birthday cake.  I discussed the cake with the owner and we agreed upon a price. Since I've never tasted their cakes before I decided to purchase a few cupcakes for Adit & I to try. I got the mango, vanilla, chocolate, and raspberry ones. They were all very yummy!

Afterwards, I headed home to see how James was doing. He was fine. I saw him playing and earlier Adit saw him having his lunch. However I missed James, so I started reminiscing about the fun summer we had and all the new friends we made. Then I kept thinking about how fast he's growing up. Since I was already on the laptop, I pulled up some of his pictures. I couldn't help but smile looking at them and my heart was full of love for him. I really miss him and wish he was home with me, but I know he needs to get used to daycare so I can't be selfish and do that.

Adit made a beef roast for dinner last night and I prepared all the sides which took a long time. After my prep work I went to get James. We were home by 5:00 since I decided to nurse him before leaving since he didn't drink any milk. :( They said that he was so stubborn that at one point he didn't even open his mouth. I'm not surprised because he's thinking that he'll just wait for me to nurse him but he doesn't realize that I won't be there for a long time. It's also partially my fault since I haven't been bottle feeding him on the weekends either. I'll have to start this weekend. I've been good at pumping milk while I'm home so I should have enough supply in case I don't want to pump over the weekend.

What's sad is that James goes to bed between 7:00 and 8:00 so when you think about it we only get a few hours with him before he sleeps. So I told Adit that we need to make these hours count and make sure he gets all our attention. So we've been taking him for walks around the building since he enjoys using his walker. Here are some pictures from that adventure!

Also please share what your after work routine is with your child by leaving a comment on the blog!

Happy reading!

Rachel



3 comments:

  1. My husband barely gets 45 minutes with the lambchop before she has to get to bed, and that's if he's home on time. I'll be going back to work next week, but at least I'm on reduced hours, so maybe I'll get 1.5 hours with her before she goes to bed... that's depressing. Please share any ideas you have on how to optimize this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! So I've adjusted my hours again after being back at work now for almost 3 weeks. I get about 2.5 hours with her before she goes to bed, and Abhay gets maybe 30-40 minutes with her before she goes down for the night. I have noticed that Sameera is less clingy if I just devote all my time to her as I get home from work. So no cell phone, no tv, and no computer when we are with her after work. It's all about quality time. We make sure to give her that one-on-one attention, which I think is very important seeing as she now doesn't have the luxury of one parent to herself all day. Weekends are so valued now as well. I'm trying to enroll her in classes that we can do together now (i.e. Gymboree and swimming). Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mala, I love what you've said here and how you devote all your time to Samu! I think this is the perfect way to spend quality time with the little one! We have been doing the same after work, but I will take your advice and enroll James in some classes on the weekend!

      Delete