March 12, 2012

James is Walking!

James started walking today. :) He's been able to walk for a long time, it's just that he was afraid of falling so he continued to hold onto mama, dada, the couch, walls, anything he could hold. Lol! After watching us walk with James in the park yesterday, my friend Ishanthi advised that we just need to build his confidence and he'll walk. She said that they did that with Arianna and then she just took off around the condo. What's funny is that we did the same thing. We kept encouraging James to walk from Adit to me and vice versa then he just started walking around the condo. He went from the living room to way in our bedroom! It was amazing to see. He was holding a stick from his xylophone as he walked and wouldn't walk without it for awhile. I was calling it his walking stick. Lol!

As a side note, James had a great day at daycare. They said he didn't crying at all. He only had one nap from around 12-2. He had his egg yolk for his second breakfast, ate about 1/2 of his lunch, and ate 4 servings of blueberry bread. I guess he was saving his appetite for that. Lol! Then in his afternoon feed he drank 1 ounce of milk without a fight. I am so proud of his progress! I think it had to do with encouraging him to drink from the bottle on the weekend. Let's hope he keeps it up tomorrow! Lol!

Here's a video! I am just so excited I have to share this!

Enjoy!

Rachel



2 comments:

  1. Congrats James! We're so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that is sooo cute! congrats James! just in time for you b'day too! wow that video took me back to when my A started walking...even Eraj had his hands around her body while he walked b/c he was afraid she would fall!

    ReplyDelete