March 1, 2012

Daycare Day 4

I was so exhausted last night that I feel asleep while writing yesterday's blog post. Adit woke me up and I went to bed, then I remembered that I had to pump some milk so I got out of bed and did that. At the same time I was writing the post. While pumping all I was thinking was that I should have bought a double pump and I will get one next time around for sure. This morning was hectic as James woke up at 3:30 and didn't sleep until 5:30ish. At 4:30 I asked Adit to try rocking him to sleep, he tried and it didn't work so I nursed him and we both slept until 6:10. Then I put him back in the crib and I went to bed for another hour.

James woke up around 7:20 and we started our day then. As usual I nursed him then I put him to play as I got his breakfast ready. James is eating well again, ie he's eating his cereal. He won't open his mouth unless he's hungry so I only do a quick nursing when he wakes up. Also I discovered a new trick, if I put food in the palm of my hand and let him play with it he'll open his mouth to eat. Then when he starts getting bored we do high 5's with the food on our hands and that works. Lol! Sometimes he's a complete mess after eating, but that's part of the fun.

Anyway, we went to daycare this morning for 9:00 as usual, but I decided not to stay until 9:30 as James was adapting well. Once we entered the classroom he was ready to go. I got his snowsuit off and then he started crawling. His favorite teacher called him and he went straight into her arms. :) He was so happy. I took the opportunity to leave instruction and his food with the teachers. Then I kissed James and said bye-bye. He smiled and waved to me. What's interesting is that he never waves bye-bye to me at home, but he must have been comfortable there in order to wave at me. Then as I was halfway out the door I said bye again and he waved. I left with a good feeling and rushed home so I could watch him on webcam.

So now you must be wondering what I did with all that free time. Lol! Well what I should have done was hop back into bed and catch up on some sleep, instead I made and ate breakfast then after about 30 minutes I went to the gym. I did a hill climb on the treadmill , then I did some like weights and toning exercises. It was great but I was exhausted and hungry afterwards. So once home I did some housework and showered. Then I had some lunch, pumped some milk, and went to get James. The time just flew by. All the while I was watching him on the webcam, lol!

I was so excited to see James at 2:30 that I practically ran over. Once he saw me he started crying, I held him and kissed him and then he was better. He was really tired at this point since it was around nap time. While getting our things ready to leave, I got an update from the teachers. James drank about 1 ounce of my milk from the bottle in the morning after some forcing and he didn't drink the 50/50 (my milk/formula) in the afternoon. So looks like I'll stick to my milk until he's used to bottles. James ate most of his lunch and took a one hour nap. All in all they said he had a good day. :) This is great news and I am looking forward to see how he does tomorrow!

Happy reading!

Rachel

2 comments: