March 13, 2012

Happy Birthday James!

Today is James' first birthday! We have been expecting this day for a very long time, yet it arrived so quickly. I feel as though he was just born yesterday. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. :) James woke up at 6:30 this morning and nursed until 7:00 then fell asleep again. He looked so peaceful so I let him sleep a little before getting him up for breakfast. Once up he started walking around the living room. He was so happy walking that he got really upset when I put him in his highchair for breakfast. He ate about half his oatmeal so we gave him his egg yolk too. Then we got ready for daycare!

I dropped him off today so Adit could work and spend more time with him in the afternoon. Once we got to daycare everyone wished him a happy birthday and then they prepared for a walk. I left when he was in the stroller. Once home I was able to have my breakfast then pick up my mother-in-law from the airport! We are so excited that she is here! James' daycare allows us to bring in cakes, so before picking him up we bought a cake and some party supplies. When we arrived at 2:30 almost all the kids were still asleep. James slept for 2 hours. I'm telling you, this daycare is amazing. James rarely sleeps like that at home, but he does all the time there.

Most of the kids work up a little before 3:00 and they had their snacks. Next it was cake time! I lit the candle and placed the cake in front of James. He looked at the cake and put his hand on it! Lol! That was funny. Then I just blew out the candle because I was afraid the kids would touch it. The teachers cut the cake and served it. All the kids enjoyed it, especially James, he had 2 pieces without frosting. The teachers had party hats and all the kids wore them. I took a few pictures, they all looked so cute. One girl enjoyed it so much there was cake everywhere, even in her hair! Lol! James was a pretty clean eater since he was sitting on my lap, my jeans however were full of cake.

After having the cake we went home. James opened some gifts from Grandma and Auntie Alaya then ate and went to sleep. He had an amazing day, I know he was happy. We were all very happy today.

Now he's sleeping away and I will head to bed too. Thanks for the well wishes everyone, James is so lucky to have so many people in his life who love him.

Here are a few pictures from today!

Happy reading!

Rachel




2 comments:

  1. Happy b'day big boy! you look so handsome in your pictures! so glad to hear he had a happy day :) even mother nature celebrated with the gorgeous weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! James looks so big and so happy! Happy birthday again James!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete