March 10, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today is Adit and my 5 year wedding anniversary. :) How did we celebrate you ask? Well Adit ran some errands this morning as I kept James entertained at home. Then we went for a long walk in the freezing cold with some friends. After James' second nap we had a cleaning lady come to tidy up as I got James ready for bed. Now Adit & I are relaxing at home and watching a movie. Super romantic huh! Well life has changed, I was trying to think about how we celebrated last year and I can't even remember. All I recall was that I was very pregnant considering James was born 3 days later. I think we'll have to celebrate this one later in the year when James isn't as dependent on us, i.e. me since he's nursing.

Otherwise we focused our energy on bottle-feeding James. I'm trying to follow his daycare schedule so we woke up at 6:30, he nursed and had breakfast soon after. James has his first nap at 10:30 so at around 10:00 I warmed up some milk and took a deep breath because I knew what was coming. Initially we had planned on Adit feeding him, but since he was running errands I had to do it. James was prepared and immediately threw his head back and pushed the bottle away, all the while he was shrieking. I took the opportunity to put the nipple on his mouth, he just bit it and pulled away. This went on for a few minutes and all he drank was 1/2 an ounce. Well after the failed attempt at bottle feeding James got so worked up that he started coughing, his heart was pounding, and he looked so sad and tired. Once I picked him up and paced the room with him on my shoulder he feel asleep and napped for an hour and a half. I felt so bad for my little guy since he went through such an ordeal. 

It didn't get much better in the afternoon when Adit tried. He was able to play with him and get him to drink about 1/2 an ounce. This was a way more civil situation as James only protested a little with da-da. It was probably due to the fact that I was hiding in our bedroom so James wouldn't see me. Lol! To keep busy I was folding some laundry and I could hear Adit singing to James. Then the next verse was "Don't come out here now". I started laughing. I try to sing things to Adit too, although he never hears me, but wait, maybe he does hear me but doesn't acknowledge me. Lol! How else would he know how to do this! 

As for James and bottle feeding, I have to exercise tough love and hold out on nursing since it's the only way it'll work. I got so emotional on the afternoon attempt that I even started crying. Hopefully he'll entertain the bottle sooner than later to make it easier on all of us. 

In terms of communication, how do you and your hubby communicate around baby. We tend to sing when we don't want to excite James (i.e. during bedtime) when talking to one another. Do you do the same or something else? Share your method with us in the comments section of the blog!

Happy reading!

Rachel

1 comment:

  1. aww Rach...sounds like u guys have a pretty amazing Anniversary to me :) your evening was full of success (albiet 1/2 ounce!), singing, laughter, and some downtime together...good times and great memories :)
    Happy 5 years! we are wishing you guys a happy forever more :)

    ReplyDelete