February 28, 2012

Daycare Day 2

Yaay! We completed transition day 2 which consisted of James being present for 2 hours and us being there for 1 hour. I say us because daddy came along today. So we arrived at 9am and got James settled, at around 9:30 the teachers got him ready for a walk so I stuck around to make sure he was dressed properly and then we left. James was getting dressed by his favorite teacher so he did not put up a fuss. She even held him and they waved bye-bye to us. Adit and I left, but stuck around to see how he'd react in the stroller. I tip-toed to where he was and saw that he was ok. He was so bundled that he just looked like a marshmallow and all I could see is his little face sticking out which looked happy. I beckoned Adit over to take a look then we went for a walk. James goes for walks daily so I knew he'd be happy being outside. 

We returned after and hour which was also the duration of the walk. James takes 2 naps a day and the walk was around the time of his 1st nap. As I suspected, he had fallen asleep about 5 mins before they returned to the center. So when we got to the classroom they advised that they undressed him and placed him in the crib. We checked and he had his arms up over his head and was in a deep sleep. Adit and I stuck around for a while but there was no sign of James waking up so we went out to grab lunch. While we were on our way the daycare called us because he woke up. Although we were supposed to leave at 11, we ended up leaving around noon. Once James saw me he started crying because he wanted us. They didn't have an opportunity to give him milk so tomorrow will be the moment of truth because he will be there until noon without mommy. 

All in all I feel good about the center and James seems happy too. He really likes one teacher in particular and when I was holding his fingers to help him walk around he hustled to go to her when she called him. That's a great sign! :)

Well I'm off to get James' things ready and head to bed!

Happy reading!


Rachel

PS: Here's James in the stroller!


5 comments:

  1. So cute! Don't worry, James will get used to it and make some little baby friends before you know it! I know it's super hard on mommy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support Monica! He's doing well so far since I haven't received any phone calls!

      Delete
    2. Also thanks for becoming a follower!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your transition story - I'm going to try the half with/half away method when we start Pen in daycare on Thursday. Ohh my gosh, that's tomorrow (I have such sinking feelings about this). Good luck with milk today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Jen, I am glad you enjoy reading the blog and became a follower! I haven't tried the mixed milk method yet since we are cup/bottle training, but I am sure Pen will accept it. Good luck tomorrow, I know what you are going through. Feel free to call if you want to chat! Please share how Pen's first day is with us tomorrow!

      Delete