February 21, 2012

Happy Family Day!

Family Day weekend is over and I hope everyone enjoyed it. We had a busy yet fun-filled weekend spending time with friends and family! All week I was thinking about starting some sort of Family day tradition, but I came up empty. That could be because my brain isn't always on or more so because every day is Family Day to me! I am fortunate enough to be living in Canada where I get to collect unemployment for one year while taking care of my son. I know all the Americans are jealous right now, but I admire all of you for the strength to return to work after 6 weeks or 3 months!

James is just over 11 months now and I am dreading returning to work next month. I can't believe that he'll be one in a few weeks and that our year together will come to an end. Luckily, by some miracle, we got into our daycare of choice when we were twelfth on the wait list. What's insane is that I had James on the wait list at 6 daycares, some even while I was pregnant and I only just got confirmation of our spot a few weeks ago. James will be starting soon so I'm attempting two difficult tasks: 1) Get him to drink some formula (since he's been exclusively nursing) 2) Get him bottle trained! I'll keep you all posted on how that goes! Lol!

As for our day we took James for a nice walk, did a little baby clothes shopping, visited our friend Paul, and did a lot of cleaning. Everything was great, except for the cleaning! It's nonstop once you have a baby. I am writing this so late because I just spent over an hour washing toys. Also there are two loads of baby laundry to fold, but I think I'll do that later! Speaking of cleaning, I'm in the market for a steam mop, and am checking out the Shark Lift-Away Steam Mop. Has anyone tried it or something similar? Please share your advice with us by commenting on the blog below!

Happy reading!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment