February 15, 2012

This Must Be Love!

Thanks to everyone who asked about James, he is feeling much better now and his appetite is slowly coming back. He had a few bites of cereal this morning, avocado as a snack, then some sweet potato & chicken for lunch, some of mommy's chicken and rice, and a few bites of cereal for dinner. I am pleased with his progress so far. :) Plus throughout the day he's been munching on Gerber Graduate Puffs (the strawberry apple ones are delicious, I even like them) and Cheerios.


While I was tidying up in the kitchen earlier this afternoon, James was playing on the living room floor like he normally does. He was chatting away, then I heard him do his usual strain so it was time to poop. Once he was done I went to change him. I touched his but to see how heavy it was, but didn't really feel anything, but I knew there was poop since there was a strong smell. Once I took off his pants I saw the explosion all over his shirt and legs. Uh-oh was what I was thinking. I quickly started wiping hoping that James wouldn't get to the poop before I did, but there was so much I couldn't get it all. This resulted in him grabbing the poop with his hands and smearing it everywhere. The whole time James was screaming/crying at the top of his lungs. I knew I was in a losing situation and with this type of explosion there is only one way to clean him... bath time!


So I picked him up, poop and all and proceeded to get the tub. Luckily I had cleared the dishes from the sink so I just needed to set the water. As I was doing that I felt warm water on my belly then my leg and feet. Before I could sit him in the tub he had peed all over me! I looked down and could see the poop on my shirt and wet spots covering the rest of me. You'd think I'd be disgusted or hysterical at this point, but I wasn't. James was doing what he's supposed to do and who could get mad at him for that! So before I put him in the tub I held him close and kissed him. Only a mother could still kiss her baby after all that! 


As a side note: I was debating taking a picture of my clothes for the blog, but I think it would have been too gross. Instead I threw them in the wash which was the right decision! Right?!?! Lol!


Mommies have you experienced this too? Please tell me I'm not alone by sharing your story with us! Just leave a comment below with the details!


Happy reading!


Rachel



4 comments:

  1. I don't know why I got emotional reading this, but I have been there and done that and exactly gave Ishan a tight hug and lots if kisses too. So I guess mommies are wierd. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mommies are special, we can love our kids no matter what! What's funny is that I told Adit about it and he was so grossed out! Lol! He couldn't deal with the poop on him.

      Delete
  2. Yup. Been there and did the same thing. Big hugs, kisses and lots of laughs!! They don't know any better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, this is their job to eat, sleep, play, and poop!

      Delete