February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is the first Valentine's Day where I am proud to have two Valentines: my hubby and son! Boy has life changed, normally we would have had a nice dinner planned or something special, now it's still all about James. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and this isn't a bad thing. Our lives have simply changed. 

So this is how my Valentine's Day transpired:

James and I woke up late today, 10:00am. Now before you other mom's get jealous, James kept me up until midnight! He hasn't been himself the last few days, he's on a food strike, has a cold, and 4 teeth are coming in at once. This boy is having a rough week, plus he might still be jet-lagged from our recent trip. 

We had our typical day until around 1:30 when daddy came home. He came with Valentine's Day cupcakes from himself and James. How sweet huh! I have a terrible sweet tooth, so I've already demolished 3 of them! Lol! Daddy came to give us the car because we had James' 11 month checkup. I was really excited for this one before he caught his cold because I was sure he gained some good weight on the trip. However I was wrong when he hit the scales, he actually lost weight. :( He's been nursing, but not eating properly, I've basically had to trick him to eat food. Just when I thought the appointment couldn't get any worse we discovered he has a ear infection. Poor little guy, he's not having a good first Valentine's Day. Anyway, now he's on some meds and should feel better soon. In fact, he's been sleeping for over an hour straight which is a good sign. And as I'm writing this I expect him to wake up any second now for me jinxing myself. Lol!

Well I did get to enjoy my dinner with hubby while watching some tv shows that we needed to catch up on, ie Gossip Girl and Shameless! Now that the shows are done I decided to write you all instead of heading straight to bed. 

Besides James being sick I'll call this a great Valentine's Day! My family is safe and happy and we all appreciate each other today. 

I hope you were able to share love today with those around you too!

Well I would stay and write some more but I better head to bed now before James wakes up and I get no sleep!

Happy reading!

Rachel


PS: How was your Valentine's Day? Please share the details with us by leaving a comment below!



No comments:

Post a Comment