May 20, 2012

Best Day With My Boys!

There's no better way to spend Saturday morning than to have a hair appointment at 8:30. Lol! Yes I'm nuts and booked an early appointment so I could enjoy the rest of my day. We wake up at 6:00 anyway so what's the big deal. Of course that's what I thought when I initially booked it, however James wanted to sleep in this morning so I could have gotten extra cuddle sleep time!

I woke up late so basically had to run out of the house and run half the way there to make it in time, which I did. My haircut was scheduled for 9:15, but I went in early to get a toner put on my highlights. On Mother's Day I got my highlights done and although I asked for brown, it came out a brassy blonde. It was awful to me so I called and asked them to fix it. They tried to reschedule for another day, but since I don't have time I asked them to do it before my haircut. The manager was very nice and got someone to do the color for me. He did an excellent job and immediately saw the issue when he saw my hair. I was relieved and trusted his color suggestion.

After the color was put in I asked them to dry a small section so I could see it. It was amazing, exactly what I wanted. I was so relieved. Then I went downstairs to get the haircut. Since my hair was wet the stylist started drying it and suggested doing a dry cut. A dry cut!?!?! I started getting nervous, I kept thinking what am I getting myself into and how can I make this situation better. I know he's a trained stylist since it's an Aveda salon, but I was still worried. Then I just told him that I've never had a dry haircut before and he could see I was nervous. He did a great job of explaining that it can be done and is just as good, plus the best part is that you'll be finished once the cut is done. Again I decided to trust him and allow it. I was glad I did, because I felt that this was one of the best cuts I've gotten. :)

Now that I was on cloud 9, I was ready to see my boys! I quickly walked home, but Adit and James were out on a walk. I had to do a couple of things at home then met up with them to go for a long walk to Chinatown. He was really excited to be out all day and enjoyed having his lunch while people watching from his stroller. He was talking, clapping, and pointing to things all while eating big mouthfuls!

By the time we got home it was 2:00pm and James still didn't nap. So I changed him and started nursing. He feel asleep soon after, but quickly woke up once I set him down in the crib. I left him for a couple of minutes and during that time he cried, then looked out the window, chewed on his crib, then tried to climb out! He stood on the bumper and pulled his upper body over the rails, then I saw his little feet swinging back and forth! Lol! Thank goodness for the webcam, so I went back to the room and nursed him again. He had his eyes closed and dozed off, so I did the same while holding him. The next thing I felt was something rubbing against my nose and mouth. I didn't open my eyes and I felt it again, it was a washcloth! Before I nursed James I wiped his nose and mouth with this cloth and he was doing the same to me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw two big eyes staring at me and one arm up with the washcloth wiping my nose! Lol! He is so funny! James never ceases to amaze me! The whole time I thought he was sleeping too, instead he was taking care of me!

Since I was up and he started walking around, I decided to take him to the mall. James enjoyed the drive on the way there, keeping himself entertained. While at the mall he was talking and behaving which allowed me to do some shopping for him. At 6:00pm that good behavior quickly came to an end and although I wasn't done shopping I called it quits and drove home. To keep him happy I sang the whole way home and got some applause and cheering which is always nice, however I will remember to bring his CDs with me next time! Lol!

Once we were home, Dada BBQ'd so we all had dinner. Adit made his famous jerk chicken with veggies and plantain. So we gave James the same food. I cut up the chicken and veggies in pieces and spread them out on the tray. He did a great job of feeding himself just the chicken! Well in any case he ate, so I'll make sure he gets more veggies tomorrow. After his meal he played a bit, had his bath, and went to bed. He feel asleep very quickly and didn't even notice when I placed him in his crib. So now it's mommy time as Adit went out with some friends. My time quickly passed doing laundry, cleaning, and writing to you all. I am exhausted, so now headed to bed! Hope you enjoyed your Saturday too!

Happy reading!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment