April 26, 2012

Pumping...Nursing....Pumping...

Recently I feel like this is all I do and think about. I remember not long ago I'd pump a couple ounces and send it to daycare and James would refuse to even have a sip! Now he's drinking from his bottles and so much that I can't keep up! While I'm at work I pump, then at home I nurse, when do I get a break!?!? I'm a milk machine that doesn't have much milk. :(

I asked my mommy friends for advice and they suggested oats, teas, going for a all nursing weekend to jump start production! I have been trying to drink more liquids and I think that's helping. I know stressing out about it doesn't help, but it's a natural feeling. If it wasn't awkward I'd pump at my desk every hour for about 10 min intervals. Lol! I could just imagine what that would be like. Of course I'd cover myself with a shawl, but everyone would wonder what that pump sound was!

When it comes to James I really don't care about being somewhat of an exhibitionist. I never show any skin, but I do nurse him in public. It's his mealtime so what's the big deal?

What are your thoughts about nursing in public and what do you recommend for increased milk production? Give me some advice please! Also remember you no longer need to register to make comments, so there's no excuse now! :)

Happy reading!

Rachel


1 comment:

  1. no excuse so i guess I can't use that anymore! :) Do you nurse him on demand on the weekends? I think the best way is have him help you...give as much bobo as possible! Have some halwa too.. lol!

    ReplyDelete