April 21, 2012

Finally went to Gymboree!

This day started our much like every other day. James woke up at around 6:15, came to our bed and nursed then slept till 7:00ish. Then he went off to play as I got ready to get my health card renewed. I left after having a quick bite while James was playing. Luckily there was no lineup but I had the wrong paperwork. They wouldn't accept an email from home so I had to drive back and get it. That was annoying, but I got the paperwork, returned, and got my health card!

On my way home I was listening to the radio and I heard the LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem and was singing. Since the tune was still in my head I started singing it to James. He had a poopy diaper so I did a parody and sang 'poopy diapers in the house tonight, everybody wants a nice clean bum, it's enough to make you lose your mind, everybody it's poo poo time! James loved the song and was clapping and laughing! It's our new baby anthem!

So after that we fed him lunch around 11 to keep with daycare timing. He ate pretty well. Then I packed some food for him for after Gymboree class. He loves baked sweet potato so I made that, he also had grapes and Cheerios. On the drive to Gymboree he feel asleep as noon is his normal nap time. Once we removed him from the car seat he was awake and wondering where he was.

We checked into class then began exploring. Every two weeks they have a new theme. Today was slides! James loves the slide so he had fun. We even helped him to go down face first! The first time he was wondering what was happening, then the second time he tried to crawl down. What was awesome is that 2 of his friends were there: Sameera and Arianna! Sameera is a regular and was showing James around, she knew what to do! Arianna was tired so she participated toward the end of the class, then she didn't want to leave.

The class was good, the 45 minutes goes by really fast! The prices are paid monthly and it is expensive but I think it's a good outlet for the kids! I was just about to sign up when James had a mini-meltdown. He was tired and needed to sleep. Adit didn't think it was a good idea to break his schedule. At first I didn't agree with him and thought it was more important for him to go to the class, but now I'm wondering of he's right since James is still nursing to sleep an it's 9pm!

I think the only way it can work is if we get him to sleep immediately after Gymboree. That is easier said than done though! Well after the class the 3 families went for lunch! We had a Mongolian Grill buffet which was amazing. So you can basically choose what you'd like in the food an they cook it fresh. I really enjoyed the lamb and squid combo in my noodles and veggies! We even made a small portion for James, he liked the lamb and onions!

The kids were happy sitting in their highchairs, eating, and socializing. This was James' second lunch so I was happy he ate! He seems to like oranges so he ate some after his meal! The restaurant had a chocolate fountain so I had my full of strawberries and pineapples for my dessert!

After that we made a quick stop to get James a snack tray for his stroller and headed home. He feel asleep after about 10 minutes of nursing. Yes I do nurse in the car! It's a skill, but also very uncomfortable, but us moms will do anything for our babies!

James woke up as we brought him upstairs, so I decided to bring him to bed with me so we can both sleep! Best idea ever, we both slept for about 2 hours! Adit came to wake us up, but we were so comfy we both put up a fight! Eventually we got up and James started running from the living room to our bedroom. Boy has he gotten fast, he just darts around everywhere!

After some playing and dancing we gave him a bath and now I'm nursing him to sleep. Let's hope he let's me go soon!

So have you ever been to Gymboree or something similar? How'd you like it? Share your story on the blog!

Also don't forget you have until Tuesday to enter to win the Boogie Wipes! Enter here!

Happy reading!

Rachel

PS: Pics from Gymboree



No comments:

Post a Comment