April 14, 2012

Last day of my Twenties!

It's official, I will be 30 at midnight! Where has all this time gone. Now I understand why people say that the years sneak up on you because they do!

We had a great day today just hanging out with James. He was in bliss with mama and dada's full attention on him. He ended up sleeping in our bed last night so that I could get some much needed rest, however I think he felt a bit cramped because we found him close to the foot of the bed at one point. Soon after I nursed him and put him back in his crib where he gave us an additional hour before waking at 7:30.

This is a typical day for us now and it made me think about my life over the last 10 years. At 20, I was in second year university where my priorities were myself and school. After graduating my life revolved around myself, work, family, travel, and socializing. As I kept getting older my priorities kept growing. However now looking into my 30's my priorities are James, family, friends, work, and a far distant me! It's funny that once you become a mom it's not about you anymore. Most people ask about the baby then ask about me. I think that's absolutely fine because I love talking about James.

The rest of the day went by fast. James did his typical routine then we took him out for a long walk. It was supposedly 16 degrees (Celsius) but I don't trust the weather here so I still bundled James up and wore my winter coat. I know James was comfy because it was windy and I know I must have gotten some stares because I was the only person in down. Lol! However like I expected the weather did change and it got cold on our way back. I was warm and those people in shorts weren't.

Once home we tried to get James to have dinner, however he was more interested in fasting. So I let him hold the spoon to help feed himself and he opened his mouth. Adit and I started clapping and cheering so I think he only ate to hear that. Lol! Soon after he was done, he raised his hands above his head to sign 'all done'! Daycare has been teaching him signs and we have reinforced it at home so now he's signing a little with both of us! I am so excited that he'll be able to communicate with us now!

After dinner Adit massaged him and got him ready for his bath. We finally put him to sit in the bathtub filled with water. Since he outgrew the infant bath, Adit's been bathing him with the hand shower as he stands. So this was a new change for him. James was excited since there were new toys and because there was a spout with running water that he wanted to touch. I think the tub was a success and James will enjoy it from now on! Next Adit got him ready for bed and I nursed him to sleep.

So it's 8:30 on a Saturday night and all I can think about is going to sleep. Lol! This will give you an idea of how I plan on spending my birthday tomorrow. Initially I did want to do a girls night or a couples night, but it didn't work out since I forgot about all plans when James was sick. Now that he's better we will probably do lunch or dinner with some family and friends.

I'm looking forward to turning 30 and to see what this new decade has in store for me!

30 is a memorable birthday, how did you celebrate it? Please tell us your story on the blog!

Happy reading!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment