April 9, 2012

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Over!

Woohoo! James has overcome his illness and has just a few scars to remember it. Since he's finally eating solids again I was able to return to work yesterday! Adit has been watching him and I heard he had a good 2 days.

Work is getting busy, especially since I'm playing catch-up from missing a few days last week. However it is good to be back. I find work relaxing since I can handle my desk and don't often have too many unexpected issues. I find the opposite at home and am completely overwhelmed most of the time. Lol! I also eat better at work since there is a scheduled lunch time as well as breaks to have tea or use the washroom at my leisure. Such luxuries we can only dream of with a little one! Lol!

When I got home I heard he even drank his milk from the bottle with no fuss, amazing! I hope he will continue this behavior when he returns to daycare, which is tomorrow. I called the daycare and heard that kids were returning again from getting over HFM and/or chicken pox. I was so glad James didn't get chicken pox too and I hope he can avoid it until his 15 month vaccination.

Otherwise he is doing fine and feeling much better. His appetite has improved which means that the sores in his mouth must have gone. Also the blisters on his hands and feet are disappearing. Thankfully he didn't get as bad a visible breakout but he still underwent a lot of pain as he'd start screaming out of the blue and we'd see him tugging at his arms as though he was in pain. :( I am so glad that it's over as I felt so sad seeing him in that state.

Now onto other issues. James has been sleeping with mama and dada since he's been unwell and nursing all night long. This was necessary when he wasn't eating solids, but now I think he just wants to be with us. He will sleep in the crib initially, but usually around 10:30 or 11:00 he will wake up and cry to call for us.

I don't want to leave him to cry it out because he is still in pain from the ear infection and perhaps a tail end of HFM. Does anyone know of any no cry methods to help soothe him back to sleep so he doesn't have to nurse all night with me?

Please share with us on the blog, I'm willing to give it a shot!

Happy reading!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment