June 13, 2012

Got Jinxed!

James has been doing really well lately. He's enjoying daycare more and more everyday. He's also been feeling well, drinking his milk, eating lots of food, and playing non-stop! However a lot of people have been inquiring as to how he's feeling. The answer was that he's great. This was the case until I got the phone call from daycare late this morning. Of course getting jinxed is not the reason why James is sick, it's just a coincidence.

James has a fever of 102.7. :( As I wasn't available, they called Adit and he went to pick James up. First we suspected that it was teething so I called daycare to learn more. They advised that this high a temperature is unusual for teething. To learn more I googled it. Baby center advises that it could be possible to have a low grade fever, so temp under 100. Since James was higher, it must be something else.

When Adit picked him up his temp already started going down to 101. Adit took James home and I hear that he's already feeling better. I would have left work, but I had an important meeting that I couldn't miss.

Well I got home and James is ok. He's warm as he due some more Tylenol, but seeing that he didn't nap that's what he's doing now in my arms. This little guy will be just fine! He had a good rda with Dada and once he goes to sleep Adit and I can catch up on some work.

As I look at him cuddled up in my arms I can't help but think where did the time go. He use to be 2/3 this size and would fit on my lap, now he's legs hang over. James is 15 months today and the poor baby has a fever. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

Happy reading!

Rachel

PS: Don't forget to read yesterday's post called "Say Cheese to this Giveaway!"to win a year membership to Smilebox!

No comments:

Post a Comment