October 19, 2012

Last Friday Living in Toronto!

Where has the time gone, I feel the pressure of our impending move even more now. We are mostly packed, but I know those "few things" left will still take at least a couple hours. This week went by so fast. I spent the beginning of the week packing, it went pretty well, albeit tiring. Adit was away for most of the week working in Mexico, rough job huh! Apparently he did work long hours, but I was doing double time at home since dada wasn't here to help with James. Although James attends daycare, there are still many things that need to be done for him, for example he needs to be nursed, changed, dressed, fed breakfast, and taken to daycare. Then in the evening I'd have to make his dinner, pick him up, get him fed, play and interact with him, give him a bath, massage, then put him to sleep. I was exhausted by the time it was all done, yet I still needed to clean the kitchen and prepare for the next day. It was difficult, but I was lucky to have my sister-in-law help a couple nights with James. I enjoyed catching up with her and James also loves her company. :)

Yesterday was a dream day as I did zero packing, not because I didn't need to, but because I needed a break. I usually pack during the day, make dinner, do the James routine, rest for an hour or so, then pack again until about 1:00am. At that time I'd be so wired that I couldn't sleep until 2:00am. These hours don't work well for my sleep routine, and I'm surprised I haven't crashed yet. lol! Going back to Thursday, I had an amazing sushi lunch at my usual place with the girls. It was a great time as all 5 of us were able to attend. Even though it was an hour we shared some good memories of the good ole days of maternity leave and started planning group vacations together! :) After lunch, they gave me a photo album containing pics of memorable moments with all of us. It was so touching, 2nd best gift, runner up to the Mother's Day gift James made for me! :)

We are embarking on a new chapter of our lives and I'm a little afraid of the change. I've been in Toronto for 5 years now and met so many amazing people, how can I move away from all this? So much has changed in my life since James was born and I've made so many great mommy friends that it'll be difficult to not have that anymore. I hope that I make some friends in NJ fast so that I won't go into suburbia-depression. I've always been a city girl and it'll be strange being in the burbs, but it's the right place for us at this point in our lives. Luckily I do have family close nearby and they will come visit us once we get settled. I also home my Toronto friends will come visit us soon too!

As a side note, I'll share the highlight of my day with you: I was enjoying some shredded cheese earlier this evening and James was curious and wanted to have some, so I offered it to him. He quickly took the pieces in his mouth, ate it, and asked for more. Altogether he ate about 10 pieces. As he was eating I didn't see any red dots, or other reaction so I was thrilled. I quickly told Adit, then he told me that James had pizza at daycare made with real cheese and he was fine there too! This was amazing as there is hope that James is beginning to handle some dairy! It gives me hope that we can try milk in a week or so!

Well off to relax a little before bed! Happy reading!

Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment