July 2, 2012

Happy Canada Day!

Hope everyone had a great holiday as we did! We started out early with James waking up at 5:30am! I was not too impressed, lol! I nursed and kept him in bed for about an hour then he wanted out. We let him roam around our room until he gets bored or gets in mischief then we have to get up. Once he was up we had breakfast. Then we got ready and went to a picnic at the park.

There was a nice picnic where the families in the community each made some food so it was a huge lunch in the end, complete with dessert. I enjoyed the watermelon. James didn't want to bite it so I added some juice and chunks to his water. Boy did he drink that up!

After the picnic we headed to a family friend's house where there were many children. James was so happy playing with them. We had a small ball that he would throw and laugh while the kids retrieved it. This lasted a long time, then when there was a lull he'd make a break for the stairs and try to climb them.

Next we went home for a brief time to freshen up before heading to another family friend's for dinner. They just bought a new house and renovated it, it was massive and so nicely decorated. I loved it! James loved their backyard as it was huge with lot of room to run around, and as they were BBQ'ing a deer stopped by the say hi! It was so cool, I wish I had a picture of it, I showed James and he wiggled out of my arms to run for the deer. Then of course the deer ran away!

James was exhausted from a fun filled day so he was getting clingy and wanted to nurse and sleep. We quickly changed him and after a short nursing session he was asleep. Since we were all still in the backyard we put him in the stroller and let him enjoy the fresh air. James was so contented. However the sun was headed down so we moved inside. James' sleep didn't last too long after that since we were a rowdy bunch! He woke up so I quickly nursed him back to sleep and when I was time to put him in the stroller he would wake up. This went on a few more times until I gave up and just had dinner on my lap when nursing. This brought back some old memories. However this is one that I prefer to keep as a memory! Lol! Initially we planned on leaving around 6ish to put James to bed around 7, but instead we left around 10.

This was a huge mistake since he didn't end up sleeping until just after 11! However it's ok when this happens once in awhile because we do need to live a little too!

Hope you had a great weekend too!

Happy reading!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment